If the past few years has taught us one thing, it is that something needs to change. Unsustainable shopping habits driven by poor quality and cheap pricing is doing irreparable damage to the Earth and causing devastating pollution.
As an independent small scale homewares boutique, we want to highlight the importance of ethical and sustainable shopping in the hopes of encouraging Consumers to turn away from short life products that end up in landfill and open your arms to long lasting investment pieces that can be cherished for generations to come.
“Buy less, choose well, make it last”.Vivienne Westwood
Budget homewares may seem cheap at the checkout, but when it falls apart after 6 months of use and is simply replaced, think of the impact this has on the environment. The materials used, the plastic it is wrapped in, the cardboard from the packaging, the shipping from the factory, the shipping to your door - all wasted on a product that only lasts 6 months.
You may think that one purchase doesn't matter - but our buying decisions as Consumers are the ultimate power to influence the strategic decisions of corporations. If we all started buying more environmentally conscious products, Corporations would stop producing budget products that harm our environment.
We are certainly not perfect, and still have a long way to go to improve sustainability within our supply chain. In addition to only stocking quality products that are built to last, we have developed the below goals in order to reduce our environmental impact:
- Increasing the use of recycled plastics in production
- Increasing the use of sustainably sourced wood in production
- Reducing unnecessary plastic packaging
- Continue using recycled cardboard and tissue paper
- Reusing supplier boxes where possible for shipping
- Using eco-friendly biodegradable filler in packaging
- Encouraging Customers to recycle packaging once received
- Using LED lighting throughout our facilities
- Using electric powered material handling equipment
We look forward to welcoming you on this journey with us, and ask that if there are any suggestions on how we could further improve please Contact Us.